At the beginning of 2016, I announced a few things that would change here on Let it Come from the Heart. In brief, there changes were:
- At least one post every day.
- More reblogging/sharing of your stories and poems.
- Two pieces of my own writing (alternating between stories, poems, and my book City of the World) each week.
- A writing tip ‘theme’ each month with 5 tips throughout the month.
In addition, Let it Come from the Heart also began to accept submissions during 2016. This was part of the plan to expand further in 2017.
Now I am happy to announce the full plan for 2017, which will give you more chances to get your writing featured on this blog and provide a platform for more people to discover you and your writing.
The days of the week will run as follows:
- MONDAY – Monday Reflection – A look back at some of the best pieces of writing I found on my reader during the previous week, shared with you so that you can find more writers on WordPress.
- TUESDAY – YouTube Tuesday – I have now started posting spoken versions of my writing on YouTube (as I am basically a YouTube virgin, these are simple clips). One piece will be shared on this blog each Tuesday, with a brief written commentary by me and a link back to the original post.
- WEDNESDAY – Writing Tip Wednesday – The writing tips will range from simple tips about punctuation to more complicated topics, such as poetic forms and techniques.
- THURSDAY – Throwback Thursday – A quick look back at an older piece that I believe deserves a bit more attention or is worthy of sharing again.
- FRIDAY – Friday Fiction – My own short story or piece of flash fiction.
- SATURDAY – Saturday’s Featured Writer – This is your chance to see your writing featured on Let it Come from the Heart and discover some great new writing blogs! It will include both submissions and reblogs. You may submit whenever you wish, via the Submit page.
- SUNDAY – Sunday Poetry – My own poetry piece.
I think you’ll agree that 2017 looks very exciting on Let it Come from the Heart!